Thursday 16 February 2017

Introduction To My Blog

Blog post #1

Hello Bloggers and blogger enthusiasts!

Thank you for checking out my blog! First of all, let me introduce myself.

My name is Daniel Stewart Browne, I am 20 years old and I am a second year Advertising and PR Student and North East Scotland College. I have moved around quite a bit. I was born in Bratislava, Slovakia in December, 1996 and lived there for a year. Then I moved to Worcestershire, England and lived there for roughly ten years and then finally, I moved to Aberdeen, Scotland which is where I am now currently living. I live with my Mum called Michelle, my Dad called Neil and my older sister called Nicole. I don’t have any pets, but I used to have a guinea pig called Sandy. I am an avid: skier, golfer and I play tennis and basketball. I currently play for the adult tennis team at my local tennis club and I used to play for the junior golf team at my home golf club. I enjoy spending time with friends and listening to music. After college, I am hoping to move onto university which will give me the tools I need to get a foot in the door in the creative industry.

The reason I am starting this blog is because for one of my college course assessments, I have been given the task to carry out an investigation into a certain aspect of an organisation’s marketing activity. This will enable me to compare the evidence against accepted theory and draw suitable conclusions and recommendations. To start my investigation, I must first of all prepare a written report which clearly outlines my proposals for my investigation. I am looking forward to carrying out this project as it sounds very interesting and will be useful for similar projects at university.
What I what want to find out is how social media displays a “perfect world”, and how that impacts on young people. The main reason for this is to show people that although social media has many advantages, there are also many disadvantages of social media which can have a serious impact on young people.

There’s no doubt in almost everyone’s mind that social media is a very useful tool to have access to. It allows people to: communicate easily and keep in contact with friends and family online, post photos and videos of what they do during their lives, create new businesses and opportunities and meet people online all around the world. However, social media can be used very negatively. With the help of social media, people can make other people feel bad about themselves for no apparent reason and this leads to further cyber-bullying, and also, people can hack into others people’s accounts and post as that person which can cause some serious problems online and offline as well.

Therefore, for the next couple of months I will be posting a new post every fortnight which will involve different aspects of young people’s lives that are affected by social media.


Stay tuned for my next blog post… 

2 comments:

  1. Great start! Really nicely written post, and I think your readers have a good flavour for who you are and where the blog is going now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind feedback and taking the time to read my blog. :)

      Delete